My thoughts on Life, Work, and the World I live in...

Friday, April 01, 2005

Thank You Google - Gmail ROCKS!

This morning when I loaded the Gmail page it had a strange surprise. (Gmail is Google's free email service) It seems that Google is adding an additional Gig to all of its Gmail accounts. But not all at once, instead a little bit at a time. So for example while working with my Gmail account this morning I saw my space limit slowly increase and my percentage of space used slowly decrease. I may be really geeky, but I find this hilarious.

BTW I have 50 Gmail invitations to give away if anyone is interested in trying the service.

-jkh

Oh Yeah - I hope this isn't a prank for April Fools Day. If so, I won't be happy.

My Friend Charles just wrote with this article, which I think gives even more confirmation that this is not just a prank:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A17637-2005Apr1.html

2 comments:

Su said...

I'd like to try a Gmail account. Is that offer still open?

Rebecca said...

I'd like an invitation, if the offer is still open and I don't need texting. I tried to open an account but I don't have text messaging enabled on my cell phone and I didn't think it was worth going to the trouble.

I don't know what the invitation involves and I really hate to post my e-mail in such a public place. Could you possibly leave it as a comment in my blog? It's at http://asimplefaith.blogspot.com/ .

Thank you.

Rebecca

About Me

I'm in love with my wife, enchanted by my children, and amazed by the world around me.