My thoughts on Life, Work, and the World I live in...

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Just call me Pheidippides (kind of)




On May 6, 2006 I ran 13.1 miles through the streets of Indianapolis, Indiana. Here are some key points.

1. 13.1 miles = exactly 1/2 of a marathon, which = 26.2 miles, or the distance between the ancient Greek city states Marathon and Athens.

2. It is important to note that I was not being chased by a dog or coerced into doing this.

3. I finished in 2 hours 47min. Slightly ahead of the old ladies brigade carrying their Oxygen tanks.

4. I"m actually considering doing it again, and maybe even the whole distance instead of just half.

5. I'm the guy in the blue shirt on the left.

No comments:

About Me

I'm in love with my wife, enchanted by my children, and amazed by the world around me.