My thoughts on Life, Work, and the World I live in...

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

All I want for Christmas.

Forrest Gump's mama didn't quite get it right.

Life is actually like asking a 3 year old, "What do you want for Christmas? You never know what you're gonna get."

We bravely asked this of our little shaver. His answer was as sweet as his tone in saying it.

"I want a Christmas Tree."

He had a look on his face just like Cindylou Who as he spoke.

Last night we put up the tree. Despite being warned about breakable ornaments and having to endure my explanation to him that "Christmas trees are not so much for hugging" he seemed to have a fantastic time.

And then..

This morning he toddled from his room, gave me a big sleepy hug and sat down right in front of the tree

....just to look at it.

"Daddy, can you turn on the lights?"
"Sure sweetie."


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it. What a great pic. We've been putting up Christmas decorations too, and my wife made the mistake of telling Levi that he's in charge of decorating. Now we're all taking orders - and our house will probably end up looking like a Thomas Christmas special. Love you guys...

Josh said...

Here Here JohnnyD I miss the Henry preChristmas shin-dig too. We might just have to resurrect that!

Steph H. said...

All right . . . that settles it we're having a Henry Pre-Christmas Party . . . when is everybody free?? (I'm serious here)

About Me

I'm in love with my wife, enchanted by my children, and amazed by the world around me.