My thoughts on Life, Work, and the World I live in...

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Morninging

You may be wondering why I don't blog so much anymore, or you may not. Events of the last weekend make me think that there are some of you out there that actually read my blog, which I find entirely shocking. Let's just look at the reasons that this blog is not crankin out blather as regularly as it could be.

Setting: It's early a bit after 5:00am. The floor in my kitchen is cold and there is practically no light peaking in the large window overlooking my kitchen table. The coffee pot can be heard gurgling. It smells good. AM 580 is whispering NPR in the background, probably something about why the war sucks, or why eating organic food is good. (I find this comforting.)

After stumbling around to make the coffee, I fire up my, now aging Mac laptop. I click on Cap's blog, Brant's blog and anything that looks interesting on my News-Gazette and BBC news RSS feeds. Usually by the time that I've read what these sources have to say I realize that I have nothing creative or insightful to offer you, my blog reader.

So, as you can see, as with most things... It's not my fault.

5 comments:

Josh said...

Does anyone else think my blog layout is getting really tired?

about me said...

I usually check it every day. Maybe instead of posting, you could just update the layout periodically so you'd feel like you're changing it up. :)

Lisa

Unknown said...

We only check a few times a week now because it takes to long to be let down otherwise. Today was a happy surprise.

I don't care much about layouts. If I can write a 5 paragraph essay lamenting the demise of a walkman tape player, you can surely get something out about coffee, AM 580, the BBC or the News Gazette.

byronfrombyron said...

Wait, you find being lied to by NPR political activists comforting? I mean this more about the organic food than the other. It costs more, produces less per acre, requires more attention, and has no verifiable advantages.
That said there are some things about NPR that are comforting, things that haven't changed in a long time, and may they never.

Unknown said...

NPR is the only place I have heard a nobel laureate poet who also happens to be a theoritcal physicist recite a poem about John Coltrane tearing through the space-time continuum with his sax. Brilliant.

I think topics of blog posts are secondary to the underlaying current of 'how is josh's mind dealing with everyday life this week...'

Unique brain patterns + entertaining qriting style = fun for the whole family.



Oh yeah, your layout is a bit tiring...not that Ive ever changed mine...however I change my myspace layout about once a week.

About Me

I'm in love with my wife, enchanted by my children, and amazed by the world around me.