My thoughts on Life, Work, and the World I live in...

Friday, July 15, 2005

Just to get back in the swing of Posting

I have so many things swilling around in my head about our trip to Ukraine that I have not been able to just sit down and write. This picture is one of my favorites from the trip. One day we went walking along the Dneper River (pronounced Neeper). I know that the river is not in view, but it is raging behind me as I took the picture. It is about 3 miles wide at the place I was standing when I took the picture. The view is of the town of Garnestyvka in Kherson Oblast. I like this little town. We received some amazing hospitality, and made some friends that I definitely want to see again. More later...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure your making up this whole Ukraine business and that pictures is from somewhere outside Oblong. Good to have you back. Jonathan and I have been waiting.

Tara said...

just passing through on a "next blog" crusade....it's funny, that photo could have been taken anywhere, you know? It looks so much like Appalachia.

Josh said...

That is a pretty good point Tara. The Kherson region of Ukraine looks a lot like Illinois. The river reminded me of southern Indiana. I'll have to post some of the less universal looking pictures a bit later. The pictures in Odessa look like the backdrop of The Bourne Supremecy, IMHO.

About Me

I'm in love with my wife, enchanted by my children, and amazed by the world around me.