My thoughts on Life, Work, and the World I live in...

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Being Old has Benefits

I got a really cool toy for my 30th birthday. A Phillips “Go Gear” mp3 etc. music player. It has a keen 512MB of on board memory and an SD slot to add more. So I have been listening to more music than usual, verdict… I like it.

What’s on there you might ask?

All of Sting’s Ten Summoner’s Tales. (save 2 tracks)
4 James Taylor Songs from October Road
A couple of Greek Pop Songs (One of which is from the flake who won Eurovision last year..BTW a Ukrainian one this year)
1 John Coltrane Cover
4 Maroon 5 Songs (A guilty pleasure)
2 funky groves that came preinstalled and have proved to be great for walking.
3 Counting Crows Songs
2 Nickel Creek Songs
1 Chris Tomlin Song
2 “Teach yourself Greek” Lessons
2 “Teach yourself Russian” Lessons

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Question: Are you going to be able to distinguish between the Greek and Russian lessons? I'm thinking if you put the thing on random shuffle, you could be in for big problems in the future- i.e russian when greek is called for. Just Curious.

Josh said...

Before the Russian Lesson a guy with a really deep voice announces "Welcome to Pimsluer's Russian One" Likewise with the Greek. Its Handy.

Su said...

Yay for James Taylor! Country Road is what I call my "traveling music." My dad would play his tape over and over when we drove to visit family on the holidays.

About Me

I'm in love with my wife, enchanted by my children, and amazed by the world around me.