My thoughts on Life, Work, and the World I live in...

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

ACID PLANET

I just discovered ACID Planet. I like it, I discovered it last Wednesday when surfing out a daydream I had about selling one of my old Euphoniums. Why I have old Euphoniums and exactly what a Euphonium is, is another blog entry entirely. That being said, I found this guy who had posted all of his recorded Euphonium recordings on ACID Planet. Dozens and Dozens of tracks, and they were all pretty well done, as far as Euphonium recitals go.

Anyhow, in order to download the files I had to register, and when I did I discovered there was lots more independent/ original music on this site. Lots & Lots. Some of it is really good too. I have my account set only to see PG and lower ratings so I have no idea exactly how much there is but I'd say I've browsed close to 500 songs.

I have only ventured in to the instumental and electronic music, I'm scared of anything with lyrics right now, but I have discovered an unknown affinity for trance/goa music. I find that, if I put some on, I just fly through emails, and reading, and just am generally really productive on tasks that don't require human interaction. cool

Checkout Aidan Browne's "a secret rendezvous". Most of his music is guitar driven new agey stuff, I like it. I also like "Mass Hyonosis" by Infinite Dimensions.

No comments:

About Me

I'm in love with my wife, enchanted by my children, and amazed by the world around me.