My thoughts on Life, Work, and the World I live in...

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

A blog down memory lane

Today as I sat slogging away at my job, fiddling with something I didn't entirely understand, I get this bizarre email. The subject was something like "Flikr: The Lester has added you to his contact list". So I thinks to meself.... Les, Les Dart is that you!!! SOoo I click the link and it is by golly. Les is my best high school friend and was a groomsman in my wedding. While we have fallen out of touch, it is clear to me from reading his blogs and web writings that our spirits are still very kindred.

You see: About 9 months ago I was googling around and found Les's Flikr (online picture album) Page. So I blathered out a hello. I had completely forgotten about it, until today when I received the message. So I goggled him again, and found half a dozen blogs about his wonderful life.

So now I've made real live email contact with him and can't wait to find out what I've been missing for the past 7 (sheesh has it really been that long) years. More like 10 since we've had a conversation of length, and recurrance.

Also I can't wait to tell his fiance all the great stuff I'm sure he hasn't mentioned yet. Or that he never would mention unless an old high school friend brought it up.

Now if I somehow make contact with Jamey Tracey (2nd best high school and grade school pal) via email/ internet in the next week I will know that some strange "Truman Show" conspiracy is happening, and that my secret fear that the world really does revolve around me and I am the star the world's most popular tv show, secretly, in some sort of biodome with really good holograms, has proved to be true. - How's that for a run on!

2 comments:

Rob said...

I can asure you that you are not the center of the world. Nor is there any type of television show that revolves around you. Sheesh.

"Brothers are there to keep you humble when your big fat head won't fit through the door."

Josh said...

Once again you are correct. Jamey Tracey did not contact me. Therefore, I must not be the star of the JKH version of the Truman Show.

About Me

I'm in love with my wife, enchanted by my children, and amazed by the world around me.